After spending around ten years conducting research in my own time and on my own terms, I decided to use my MSc thesis to present my findings to the academic community. My research combines fields such as analytical language philosophy, cognitive semantics, ontology engineering and artificial intelligence. It paves the way for a completely novel and, as yet, untested approach to working with the human aspect of artificial intelligence, and because its key content and essence turned out to be in line with the theoretical basis for a thus far unpublished, five-year research project at Berkeley University, it attracted the attention of both the research community and the media.
In my daily work at IT company Delegate, I use my expertise and research in artificial intelligence to create and challenge the ways in which we use data to develop customised AI-driven solutions to add novel value for our clients. I also apply my prizewinning communication skills to deliver lectures on these fields and to give interviews and participate in debates and other knowledge-sharing activities, focusing specifically on artificial intelligence and my own research in the field.
Radio Interviews (Danish)
- Videnskabens Verden om AI/Sprogteknologi (Danmarks Radio, P1) [Februar, 2014]
- Harddisken – kan AI være kreativ? (Danmarks Radio, P1) [November, 2014]
- AK24syv om AI der spiller Mario (Radio24syv) [Maj, 2016]
- AK24syv om AI der skriver filmmanuskript (Radio24syv) [Maj, 2016]
- AK24syv om AI der skaber musik (Radio24syv) [September, 2016]
- Magtens Tredeling om AI i den offentlige forvaltning (K-News) [Marts, 2019]
- Min Blog på Version2 om forretningsapplikationer af Kunstig Intelligens
- Min Blog på Videnskab.dk om Kunstig Intelligens og Sprogteknologi
- Mit indlæg om datatindsamlingsstrategier ifm. mit arbejde i Sirikommissionen
Online publications / Press (Danish)
- Artikel om GPT-3 og status på NLP
- Artikel om hvordan Delegate laver AI projekter
- Længere artikel om AI og Dataetik i DigiTech Online Magasin
- Artikel om EU dataetik i Ingeniøren Pro/Datatech
- Artikel om mig som “Årets IT Konsulent 2017” i Ingeniøren
- Nyhed om min deltagelse i ny ekspertgruppe om dataetik
- Blogindlæg på dataetisk site om min ide til en dataetisk håndbog
- Video v. fremlægning af dataetiske anbefalinger ved Disruptionrådet.
- Artikel om mig sammen med “Fremtidens Børn”
- Artikel om mit tag på AI i det offentlige
- Artikel i DJØFbladet om mit tag på AI i praksis
- Artikelserie om min forskning til Det Danske Sprogmuseum
- Indledende Blog-profil på Version2.dk
- Indledende Blog-profil på Videnskab.dk
- Artikel om sprogteknologi på gymnasieskolen.dk
- Video af foredrag til CopenhagenJS fra jan. 2017
- Artikel i Magisterbladet om min tværfaglige profil og AI
- More on the way..
Lectures and workshops
In my lectures, I make use of my experience of practical implementation of AI in Danish companies and organisations, my internationally renowned research into tomorrow’s AI and the experience I have gained from the business sector and working with the SIRI Commission and the Danish government’s Data Ethics Task Force. I often live-code AI during the course of the lecture, and I make it a top priority to be inclusive, challenging, inspiring, entertaining and understandable for everyone.
“Erik David Johnson manages to make artificial intelligence concrete, relevant and business-oriented. What’s more, he caught the audience’s attention and challenged their ideas. A good experience for everyone.”
-Lars Jacobsen, Editor-in-Chief, Computerworld
“Many thanks for your excellent presentation for new Members of Parliament. You not only presented the technology and its potential, you also explained its ethical and professional dilemmas and challenges. You’ve helped provide our decision-makers with a better basis for taking the important and difficult decisions associated with our digital society.”
-Birgitte Hass, Director of the Danish ICT Industry Association
“We’ve received positive feedback from the participants, and your relaxed and inclusive form of communication, in particular, was noted. Complex information suddenly became more tangible, and the participants were able to see the opportunities and potential of the technology.”
-Malin Marker Persson, Head of Digitisation and Development at the Danish trade union for salaried employees (HK)
“Fantastic presentation, both the content and the way it was communicated. He should teach everyone what AI is (and is not)! Possibly the best presentation of the day.”
-Anonymous participant at a lecture for Danish IT professionals
You will find examples of the types of lecture I hold here. I have also gained extensive experience in holding workshops, where I gather IT professionals, business experts and management to discuss options for AI- and data-driven solutions as well as potential next steps.
- Danish Science Festival (A simple review of my research into artificial intelligence, language technology, etc.)
- Company visit by Delegate (Introduction to my research and review of practical cases)
- Coding Pirates (Child-friendly introduction, including training AI to play Super Mario)
- Data Ethics and AI Safety (See video on Effective Altruism and its Danish working group for Responsible AI)